Monday, April 23, 2012

Going all political...


Many of you may know that I have a very brave and courageous friend who has been extremely ill and requires a complicated package of care in order to recover...  Today I passed the 300th email I have sent/received in trying to get the appropriate care for her...  



I thought it was a significant landmark to celebrate, especially as after 6 months of emailing, phoning, writing and attending numerous meetings across the country, my friend is still not being provided with the care she requires and the only care she is receiving is being paid for from her own money...

Helloooooooo...... is there anybody out there......?

2 comments:

  1. ....and my list is at 142 from my hotmail account, plus the ones I have sent from my work email address....unbelieveable. I wonder if Muamba would have had the same fight for support if he had not recovered so well from his trauma....(I wish him well and all that) but it begs the question.....where IS 'care' in the chuffing community?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree, especially as our friend has spent nearly all of her life volunteering... up until the point she became physically unable to!

    And what's more, when we question the decisions and effectiveness of the processes involved we are patronised into believing that as a layperson we can't possibly understand the complexities at play...

    If that is the case, why has it taken 4 months for a prescription, that was agreed in January, to be written? ... I know from my experience as a layperson that I can walk into the doctors tomorrow, get a prescription on the spot and have the medication in my hand within 20 minutes...

    Is it just me, or is there something seriously wrong with the system here?

    ReplyDelete

Another "Lewis" conversation...

Lewis's response to camping...